The Blue Salad
- 8 Cup Spring Mix (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- ½ Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Mandarin Orange, Clementine, or Tangerine, peeled and separated into sections.
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- ¼ Cup from Olives & Grapes Wild Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Cup from Olives & Grapes Blood Orange Olive Oil (or Meyer Lemon is a nice alternate too)
- Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper (to taste)
Prepare salad greens, fruit, cheese, onion & tomatoes by arranging on chilled salad plates.
To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk vinegar, oil, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until the oil and vinegar has emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad, top with optional chopped nuts and serve immediately.