Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Molasses Sauce
submitted by Lisa Cook
- 1/4 cup unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons from Olives and Grapes Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijion mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon from Olives and Grapes Garlic-flavored Olive Oil
- 1-3/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- whisk molasses, vinegar and both mustards in a small bowl to blend, then set aside, or put into a BBQ sauce squirt bottle and shake well.
- prepare BBQ (medium-high heat)
- rub pork with the garlic olive oil
- sprinkle pork with salt & pepper
- grill pork until thermometer when inserted in center registers 145 deg. F. Turn pork occasionally with tongs for about 20 minutes.
- transfer pork to serving platter, let rest for 5 minutes.
- cut pork crosswise on slight diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices (an electric knife is great for this). Arrange pork slices on platter, drizzle sauce on pork.
- You can also marinate pork for 4 hours in the sauce.
Sweetened Red Apple Glaze
- 1/2 Cup from Olives & Grapes Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
Pour the vinegar into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. When vinegar heats to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and reduce vinegar volume by half, which takes about 1 - 2 minutes. Combine the honey, lemon juice and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk in warm vinegar.