White Truffle Recipes
Grilled Shrimp with Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup White Truffle oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat barbecue grill (oil hot grill to help prevent sticking).
Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on. Using a sharp knife, butterfly shrimp by cutting along the inner curve or underbelly about halfway (almost completely through), leaving the tails firmly attached. Press the shrimp down flat like a butterfly. Place prepared shrimp in a shallow dish and sprinkle with olive oil; refrigerate, covered, until ready to cook.
In a medium bowl, combine white truffle oil, lemon juice, onion, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
When ready to cook, season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper. Place shrimp onto hot grill and cook approximately 2 minutes on one side; turn and cook another 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test). Remove from grill.
To serve, arrange shrimp (split sides up) on a serving plate. Drizzle with a little of the vinaigrette. Place remaining vinaigrette in a small bowl and place on plate for dipping.
Makes 4 servings.
Bacon and eggs with white truffle
- 8 eggs
- 2 spoonfuls of milk
- 1 Tablespoonful White Truffle Oil
Mix the eggs with the milk in bowl. Add the truffle oil and salt. Cook gently in a non stick frying pan until firm but still moist and serve.
Asparagus with Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons White Truffle oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon champagne wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Oregano White Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or sea salt (fleur de sel)
- Few grindings of black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together while truffle oil, olive oil, champagne wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper; set aside or refrigerate until ready to use. If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using.
Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook. Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well. Toss asparagus with enough truffle vinaigrette to lightly coat. Arrange asparagus on serving platter or individual serving plates.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Parmesan Crusted Portobello Mushrooms with White Truffle Oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 100% Pure Extra Virgin Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- ¼ cup EVOO, for cooking
Heat grill to medium-low. Combine Parmesan, thyme and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Brush mushrooms with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the mushrooms, cap side down and cook until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes longer. When the mushrooms are cooked through, carefully divide the cheese mixture over the top of the mushrooms. Close the cover of the grill and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill and drizzle each mushroom with a teaspoon of white truffle oil.
In a saute pan, drizzle olive oil and saute the oyster mushrooms until golden brown and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Place on top of portobellos and serve.