Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 3 cups sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 cup of from Olives & Grapes…Garlic flovored or Tuscan Herb flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Minced fresh herbs such as oregano & parsley
- ¼ cup from Olives & Grapes…18 year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Put all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture has the consistency of pesto. Lightly toss with one pound of cooked pasta or serve with crackers as a spread.
- 2 each (6" long) day-old French rolls, cut into 1" square cubes
- 7 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chipped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 each (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 boneless strip steaks (1" thick)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350F. Spread bread cubes in single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisped, about 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper until evenly blended. Add spinach, artichoke hearts, onion, olives and bread cubes. Toss gently. Divide salad evenly on 4 serving plates. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add steaks and cook for 5 minutes. Do not move steaks during that time (so that a crust will form on bottom of steaks). Using tongs, turn steaks over. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 5 minutes more. Cut each steak crosswise into thin strips. Place evenly atop salad on plates. Drizzle with any remaining pan juices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- 2 jars roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup from Olives & Grapes Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- seal salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 whole garlic cloves
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor/blender and pulse until smooth. Serve as a spread for crackers, over pasta or with bread.