Natural Butter Recipes
Balsamic Vinegar Cupcakes
- Cake Mix (we used chocolate cake)
- Pre-made icing
- From Olives and Grapes… All Natural Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 teaspoons - From Olives and Grapes… Strawberry, Chocolate, Espresso, or Raspberry balsamic vinegar
Follow the directions on the box cake mix, substituting Butter Flavored EVOO for the oil called for in the cake mix. If using all four vinegars, divide the batter into 4 equal parts, adding 3 1/2 tablespoons of each balsamic. Whip vinegar into batter. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake according to the box instructions.
If using all four vinegars, divide the icing into 4 equal parts, adding 3 1/2 teaspoons to each. Whip icing, and after the cupcakes cool, spread icing onto cup cakes.
Lemon Herb Butter Pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Dijion-style Mustard
- 2 strips lemon zest, 2 x ½ inches*
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro
- ½ cup + 1 Tsb From Olives and Grapes All Natural Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed Italian Parsley
In a food processor, finely chop garlic, lemon zest and salt for about 20 seconds. Scrape prep bowl. Add parsley and cilantro leaves and chop 10 – 15 seconds. Add lemon juice, mustard and pepper and process on chop to blend well, about 30 seconds. Slowly add olive oil and process to emulsify, about 30 seconds.
This is excellent on sautéed asparagus, steamed brussel sprouts, broccoli, angel hair pasta as well as chicken or seafood.
* To avoid the bitter white pith of lemon, peel lemon with a potato peeler.
Almond Poppy Seed Bars
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup from Olives & Grapes…Natural Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
Beat eggs, sugar, milk and olive oil and flavorings together. Combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt and add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Spread into greased 15x10x1 baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost.