Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Molasses Sauce
submitted by Lisa Cook
- 1/4 cup unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons from Olives and Grapes Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijion mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon from Olives and Grapes Garlic-flavored Olive Oil
- 1-3/4 pounds pork tenderloin
whisk molasses, vinegar and both mustards in a small bowl to blend, then set aside, or put into a BBQ sauce squirt bottle and shake well.
prepare BBQ (medium-high heat)
rub pork with the garlic olive oil
sprinkle pork with salt & pepper
grill pork until thermometer when inserted in center registers 145 deg. F. Turn pork occasionally with tongs for about 20 minutes.
transfer pork to serving platter, let rest for 5 minutes.
cut pork crosswise on slight diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices (an electric knife is great for this). Arrange pork slices on platter, drizzle sauce on pork.
You can also marinate pork for 4 hours in the sauce.
Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 3 cups sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 cup of from Olives & Grapes…Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Minced fresh herbs such as oregano & parsley
- ¼ cup from Olives & Grapes…18 year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Put all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture has the consistency of pesto. Lightly toss with one pound of cooked pasta or serve with crackers as a
Tangy Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ½ moons
- 1 red- bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 T Garlic-flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
Cook shrimp until bright pink, drain and cool. In a large bowl, toss. Add all ingredients. Let marinate for 5 minutes before serving.
- 100% Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic-flavored Olive Oil
- 14 oz. San Marzano Tomatos
- 1 Jar of San Marzano Puree
- 1 Small Jar of Capers
- 5 oz. Pitted Black Olives
- Anchovy Paste or 2 Anchovies
- Fresh Italian Flat Parsley
- Your Favorite Pasta
Generously coat the bottom of a skillet with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Oil and heat. Use about 3 parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil to one part garlic flavored olive oil. Add the canned tomatoes and crush. Add some of the tomato puree to thicken the sauce to you liking. Add the capers, black olives and the anchovy. Simmer until the flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Add the parsley at the end, do not let the parsley cook.
Serve with your favorite pasta. This is best enjoyed with family, friends, conversation and a fine Chianti wine.