100% Pure EVOO Recipes
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons*
- A big handful of basil leaves
- 5 or 6 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup From Olives and Grapes Picual 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs grated parmigiano
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend well, working in cheese at the end.
Can be used on pasta, shrimp or with steamed vegetables.
* To avoid the bitter white pith of lemon, peel lemon with a potato peeler.
- ½ clove garlic
- 1/2 cup from Olives & Grapes 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup from Olives & Grapes Grapeseed Oil
- Dash of from Olives & Grapes Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
In a food processor, blend the grapeseed and olive oils together with the garlic until garlic is finely chopped.
Then on medium speed, pour in walnuts. Set processor to high until mixture is smooth.
Season with Sherry Reserva, salt and pepper to taste.
Toss with penne pasta.
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- two pinches of ground black pepper
- 1 cup from Olives & Grapes 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a food processor, set to puree, combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth. Add more black pepper if desired.
Brush on sliced crusty bread before toasting.
Cherry Tomato & Almond Pesto
- 2-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 12 basil leaves
- one pinch of crushed red pepper
- one big pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup from Olives & Grapes 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a food processor and set to puree, combine all ingredients and slowly add olive oil in a steady stream until pesto emulsifies into a thick puree. Season to taste.
Toss pesto with hot spaghetti.
Mediterranean Olive Oil & Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup from Olives & Grapes…Athenolia Greek 100% pure Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic; minced finely
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper; freshly ground
Whisk everything together and store in the refrigerator until ready to pour on salad. Serves 4.
Parma Style Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons from Olives & Grapes 100% pure extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup Romano or parmesan cheese.
- 3-4 large basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil to medium-low in saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent, 5 - 8 minutes. Add red wine and stir until the alcohol has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cheese and stir well.
Simmer uncovered 20 - 30 minutes. Add basil and cook 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 cups.
Catalina Penne Pasta
- 12 chopped olives
- 4 TBSP from Olives & Grapes...100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 chopped cloves of Garlic
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sicilian or Tuscany Seasoning to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
Place ingredients in large frying pan and cook for 3 minutes and add one tablespoon water. Cover for one minute. Boil one pound of penne pasta and drain. Pour ingredients over pasta. Serves 6.
Olive Oil Bread
- 1/2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees F)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons from Olives & Grapes Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
In a large bowl, mix together the warm water, yeast, sugar, salt and olive oil. Stir in 2 cups of the flour in order to make a soft ball. Knead in additional flour so that dough is soft and not sticky. Place kneaded dough in a medium-size greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in size. Punch down dough and form into a ball or loaf shape. Place onto greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
Edamame Dip with Pita Chips
- 3 pita bread, split horizontally, each round cut into 1-1/2 inch wedges
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame (2-1/2 cups), unthawed
- ¼ cup from Olives & Grapes 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil plus sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Scatter pita pieces on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake until crisp, 15 minutes; cool.
Cook edamame in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 5 minutes. Drain, reserving ¾ cup cooking liquid.
Place edamame, oil and ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid in processor. Blend until smooth, drizzling in ¼ cup cooking liquid and lemon juice. Season dip with salt and pepper. Blend in more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if too thick. Add minced basil; pulse until basil is just mixed in (do not puree). Transfer dip to bowl. Garnish dip with basil sprigs; serve with pita chips
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. cremini or button mushrooms, stemmed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh fennel stalk (with some chopped fronds)
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a 12” skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are just soft, 6 – 8 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Mushrooms will keep in the refrigerator for one week, Serve chilled, warm, or at room temperature.
Makes 2-1/2 cups.
Roasted Rosemary New Potatoes
- 3 lb. small red skinned new potatoes
- ¾ cup 100% Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Quarter potatoes and arrange in baking dish in single layer. Add salt, pepper and rosemary to potatoes. Drizzle olive oil and stir well to cover the potatoes.
Bake until lightly browned for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 1/3 cup Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 cups 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- A pinch of salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard completely. Slowly add the extra virgin olive oil, whisking constantly until completely incorporated. Refrigerate, if not used immediately, for up to 5 days.
Fennel slaw with prosciutto and pistachio pesto
- 2 cups (lightly packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup shelled and toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup 100% pure extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fennel Slaw
- 4-5 (about 3 1/2 pounds) fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
For the pistachio pesto: Combine the parsley, pistachios, thyme, and garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor; blend until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil, processing until well blended. Season the pesto with the salt and pepper.
For the fennel slaw: Place the fennel in a large serving bowl. Add the pesto and toss to coat well. Tear the prosciutto into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Gently toss to combine. Serve.
Heirloom tomato and basil tart
- 2 medium (12 ounces) heirloom or 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 100% pure Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust or toasted flat bread
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts* see Cook's note
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup 100% pure extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the crust: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the pie crust on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for 20 minutes. ( If you use Flat bread, brush with olive oil the cook time is about 4 minutes.)
For the pesto: In a blender or food processor, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until finely chopped.
With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture forms a smooth and thick consistency. Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Using a spatula, spread the pesto over the cooled crust. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the pesto and garnish with the sliced basil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cut the tart into wedges and serve.
Cook's note: To toast pine nuts, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven until lightly browned.
Grilled Shrimp with Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup White Truffle oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat barbecue grill (oil hot grill to help prevent sticking).
Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on. Using a sharp knife, butterfly shrimp by cutting along the inner curve or underbelly about halfway (almost completely through), leaving the tails firmly attached. Press the shrimp down flat like a butterfly. Place prepared shrimp in a shallow dish and sprinkle with olive oil; refrigerate, covered, until ready to cook.
In a medium bowl, combine white truffle oil, lemon juice, onion, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
When ready to cook, season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper. Place shrimp onto hot grill and cook approximately 2 minutes on one side; turn and cook another 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test). Remove from grill.
To serve, arrange shrimp (split sides up) on a serving plate. Drizzle with a little of the vinaigrette. Place remaining vinaigrette in a small bowl and place on plate for dipping.
Makes 4 servings.
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) diagonal baguette bread slices
- 100% Pure Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and bake approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and very lightly rub the toasted bread with the garlic clove. Allow to cool before adding toppings.
Asparagus with Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons White Truffle oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon Oregano White Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or sea salt (fleur de sel)
- Few grindings of black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together while truffle oil, olive oil, champagne wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper; set aside or refrigerate until ready to use. If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using.
Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook. Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well. Toss asparagus with enough truffle vinaigrette to lightly coat. Arrange asparagus on serving platter or individual serving plates.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Parmesan Crusted Portobello Mushrooms with White Truffle Oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- ¼ cup 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for cooking
Heat grill to medium-low. Combine Parmesan, thyme and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Brush mushrooms with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the mushrooms, cap side down and cook until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes longer. When the mushrooms are cooked through, carefully divide the cheese mixture over the top of the mushrooms. Close the cover of the grill and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill and drizzle each mushroom with a teaspoon of white truffle oil.
In a saute pan, drizzle olive oil and saute the oyster mushrooms until golden brown and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Place on top of portobellos and serve.
Halibut with Caper Sauce
- 2 TBS capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cornichon pickles
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced fairly finely
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 4 halibut fillets (6 - 7 ounces each)
- 2 - 3 TBS vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the capers, cornichons, eggs, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk well so that the egg yolks begin to break down and make the sauce creamier. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Put the flour in a shallow bowl. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then dredge completely in the flour.
Heat 2 TBS vegetable oil in a skillet, then add 2 halibut fillets flesh-side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, turn the fish over and cook another 5 minutes for medium doneness. Transfer to a warmed plate.
Repeat with the other 2 fillets, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
Spoon the sauce over the fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Panzanella (Tuscan Tomato & Bread Salad)
- 4 to 5 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into large cubes or wedges
- 1/2 pound stale country-style Italian bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Oregano White Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cups 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed, washed and spun dry, torn into pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combines tomatoes, bread, and onions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the bread salad and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add the basil and salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
Serves 4 - 6.
Asparagus & Wild Mushroom Pappardelle
- 8 to 12 ounces fresh pappardelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 pound wild or cultivated mushrooms, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Begin cooking the pasta about 5 minutes before the sauce is ready.
Preheat a large saute pan. Add the olive oil and then the asparagus. Cook approximately 1 minute. Add the onion and the mushrooms and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the wine and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped tomatoes.
Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the parsley and toss lightly. Check seasoning and adjust as needed.
Divide the pasta among serving bowls, top with the Parmesan and drizzle with truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil.
Note: Fresh pappardelle is available packaged and freshly cut in upscale markets and specialty pasta.
Chicken Salad with Potatoes and Arugula
- Chicken Salad with Potatoes and Arugula
- 1 lb. cooked, new potatoes,
- ½ cup 100% Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1 T 18 Yr Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 1 cooked Rotisserie Chicken
- 3 bunches arugula, stems removed
- ¼ c fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- ½ c Parmesan Shaved (2oz)
Cook potatoes, cool and slice. In s small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Using a fork or your fingers shred chicken. In individual bowls combine the arugula, chicken tarragon and potatoes. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle the cheese.
Warm Spinach Salad with Grilled Sausage
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 8 plum tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 onion sliced into ½ inch thickness
- 4 T 100% Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 bunches of spinach, stems removed
- 1 T 18-year Traditional Balsamic vinegar
- 1 T whole grain mustard
Grill sausage until cooked. Brush remaining vegetables with mixture and grill. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and remaining EVOO. Slice the sausages and serve with the vegetables and dressing.
Southwestern Salad with Corn and Avocado
- Romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 small can, whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 avocados, chopped
- ½ red onion, thin sliced
- ¼ cilantro sprigs
- ¼ cup 100% Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼c Lime juice
- ½ t ground cumin
- 9 0z tortilla chips
In a large bowl combine the lettuce, beans, corn,avocado,onion, cilantro. In a small bowl whisk the remaining ingredients. Serve and garnish with tortilla chips.