Balsamic Vinegar Cupcakes
- Cake Mix (we used chocolate cake)
- Pre-made icing
- From Olives and Grapes… All Natural Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 teaspoons - From Olives and Grapes… Strawberry, Chocolate, Espresso, or Raspberry balsamic vinegar
Follow the directions on the box cake mix, substituting Butter Flavored EVOO for the oil called for in the cake mix. If using all four vinegars, divide the batter into 4 equal parts, adding 3 1/2 tablespoons of each balsamic. Whip vinegar into batter. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake according to the box instructions.
If using all four vinegars, divide the icing into 4 equal parts, adding 3 1/2 teaspoons to each. Whip icing, and after the cupcakes cool, spread icing onto cup cakes.
Raspberry Balsamic and Chipotle EVOO, Manchego, Chicken & Bacon Tapas
- 1 roll store-bought polenta (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Manchego cheese (divided use)
- 1/3 cup Raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
Slice polenta into 12 equal rounds. Heat a large (10 or 12 inch) non-stick skillet over medium. Grill polenta rounds for 4 minutes on each side. Lay rounds, keeping as close together as possible, across bottom of pan.
Add butter and onions to skillet and cook over medium for 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook with onions, breaking chicken up into very small chunks, for 4 minutes or until chicken is just-opaque. Remove from heat and stir in chopped bacon.
Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese evenly over polenta rounds; Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cheese. Drizzle raspberry chipotle sauce over cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle pecans over top.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly; sprinkle top with cilantro. Serve on small plates, tapas style.
Cranberry Sauce with Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced orange peel
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, raspberry vinegar, and water; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Mix in cranberries, cinnamon stick, and orange peel. Reduce heat to low, cover partially, and simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries burst. Remove from heat and cool completely (sauce will thicken as it cools). Discard cinnamon stick.
NOTE: Can be made up to one week in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
Yields 2 1/3 cups.