Luau Lettuce Cups
- 3 Tablespoons Blood Orange-infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup peeled cubed fresh pineapple
- ½ cup peeled cubed avocado
- ½ cup peeled, cubed cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- ½ pound peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 4-large Boston Bibb lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup rough chopped macadamia nuts, toasted*
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ginger, mint and salt. Add the pineapple, avocado, melon and shrimp. Lightly toss to coat.
Place one lettuce leaf onto each of the four plates rib side down. Spoon equal amounts of avocado mixture in each then top with the macadamia nuts. Drizzle with additional Blood Orange Olive Oil. Serve immediately.
*To toast nuts, place in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake skillet often until nuts are golden all over about four minutes.