Asparagus with Truffle Oil Vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons White Truffle oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 100% pure Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon Oregano White Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or sea salt (fleur de sel)
- Few grindings of black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together while truffle oil, olive oil, champagne wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper; set aside or refrigerate until ready to use. If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using.
Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook. Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well. Toss asparagus with enough truffle vinaigrette to lightly coat. Arrange asparagus on serving platter or individual serving plates.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Panzanella (Tuscan Tomato & Bread Salad)
- 4 to 5 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into large cubes or wedges
- 1/2 pound stale country-style Italian bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Oregano White Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cups 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed, washed and spun dry, torn into pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combines tomatoes, bread, and onions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the bread salad and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add the basil and salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
Serves 4 - 6.