Pork Tenderloin with Molasses, Bacon and Porcini Vinaigrette
- 6 Tbs. Porcini-infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Lbs. Pork Tenderloin
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Lb. Bacon, cooked and crumbled for garnish
- 1 Tbs. Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp. Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/3 Cup 18-year Traditional or Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Dark Molasses
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Parsley
Preheat oven to 350. Brown pork in 3 Tbs. of Porcini Oil, after seasoning with salt and pepper, for 3-5 minutes until brown. Put in the oven and roast until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Then transfer to a platter and keep warm. Pour cooking juices from the pan over the meat.
Cook bacon in pan until crisp. Drain all but 2 Tbs. of bacon grease. Add garlic and saute until light brown, add rosemary. Remove from heat and add balsamic, still while adding molasses. To finish sauce, return pan to heat and stir in remaining juices from meat, stir in parsley and remaining 3 Tbs. of Porcini Oil.
When ready to serve, slice meat 1/4" thick and arrange on heated plates. Spoon sauce over meat.
Grilled Fig & Garlic Chicken on Spring Mix Salad
For the Chicken:
- 1/3 cup Fig balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Garlic-flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic oil, oregano and black pepper in a bowl. Brush the mixture onto the chicken breasts to cover completely. Reserve any left over oil/vinegar mixture. Let chicken sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour up to 4 hours. Heat up gas/charcoal grill or a grill pan, and cook the chicken breasts till just done. Turn the chicken twice to each side creating a cross hatch pattern if desired. Use any leftover mixture to baste. Remove from grill when done, let cool, then cut into bite sized strips. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
For the Salad
- 6-8 cups of spring mix, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lb of Feta or aged goat cheese crumbled
- sliced cucumber
- 1 Mandarin orange or tangerine peeled and separated into sections
Fig Garlic Chicken
- 1/4 cup fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup 100% pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prepare the salad greens, cheese, nuts and orange by arranging on plates. Top with strips of grilled chicken. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk the vinegar, black pepper and dried mustard together in a small bowl. Add the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream while continuing to whisk until it is emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad and serve immediately.