Katie’s Baked Apricot Chicken
- 1 Chicken – quartered
- ¼ Cup From Olives & Grapes Herbs de Provence EVOO
- 2 T (or to taste) From Olives & Grapes Apricot Whit Balsamic
- 2-3 (or to taste) cloves garlic minced
- 1 Small onion quartered and separated
- 8-10 Dried apricots, cut in half (use fresh apricots if in season, pitted and quartered)
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock (divided)
- 2 T Apricot Preserves
- ½ T Corn Starch
Preheat oven 350*
Wash and pat dry Chicken
In a small bowl, using your immersion blender (or whisk,) blend together the Herbs de Provence EVOO and the Apricot White Balsamic until creamy. Taste the dressing and add more balsamic if desired. Fold in the garlic to taste season with salt and pepper.
Using a shallow baking dish, pour in chicken stock then place chicken skin side up in pan and brush with the Apricot/EVOO dressing. Add the onions and the apricots
Place in oven and bake until internal temperature reads 165* on instant read thermometer. (30-40 minutes)
Remove chicken transfer drippings to sauté pan bring to a simmer. Whisk cornstarch into remaining ½ cup of chicken stock. Whisk into drippings and simmer until thickened, add apricot preserves continue whisking until dissolved. Add more liquid if needed.
Pour over Chicken.